John G. Naff, CBO
- Gerard Smolinsky - Plumbing/Gas Inspector
- Walter Burlingame - Asst. Plumbing/Gas Inspector
- William Cooke - Wiring Inspector
- Shawn Wills - Asst. Wiring Inspector
Office Location - 350 TAUNTON STREET
Tel: (508) 384-5421 Fax: (508) 384-6553
THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT IS NOT LOCATED IN TOWN HALL
OPEN THE PUBLIC. ONE PERSON IN THE OFFICE AT A TIME. MASK MUST BE WORN.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
CLOSED FRIDAYS - NO INSPECTIONS ON FRIDAYS!
DO NOT LEAVE INSPECTON REQUEST ON ANSWERING MACHINE.
Please call the office between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. to schedule inspections. Electrical inspection request forms can be faxed, emailed or dropped off at the Building Dept. office.
Building and Mechanical Inspections are generally done Monday through Thursday betweeen 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
Wiring Inspections & Plumbing and Gas Inspections are done Monday through Thursday - time varies. The secretary will contact the Wiring or Plumbing & Gas Inspector and the Inspector will get back to you to set up appointment to gain access to the property.
Please be aware that inspectors will NOT enter an occupied home without the presence of an adult.
NO INSPECTIONS ON FRIDAYS.
- Building Code: 780 CMR MA State Building Code - Ninth Edition
- Plumbing Code: 248 CMR MA State Plumbing Code
- Electric Code: NEC 2020 with MA Amendments