- James McMorrow, Fire Chief, Emergency Management Director
- Scott Langlands, Deputy Director, Radio Officer
- Joseph Heck, Deputy Director, Radio Operator
- Alan Richard, Member, Radio Operator
- Lee Berman, CERT Branch Chief, Radio Operator
September 5, 2013
WEMA has published a community Emergency Preparedness Handbook. It will be available during Wrentham Day, September 7th, at our booth.
April 29, 2013
On April 24, 2013 Wrentham's Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) became an approved organzation by the state and FEMA. Meanwhile 9 residents participate in CERT training with Norton and Mansfield hosting training. Wrentham EMA will continue CERT training in town and certify instructors over the next year. CERT is neighbors helping neighbors in a disaster. See our photos on Facebook.
WEMA has a facebook page. Like us to receive updates on weather alerts, WEMA activities and emergency preparedness topics.
Representatives from WEMA will be conducting surveys of public venues like local businesses, schools, and houses of worship in order to update our Emergency Management Plan into an electronic format. This new format will increase communication and response from the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency.
- To coordinate the resources of those State, Federal and Volunteer agencies that respond to our need when local resources are overwhelmed.
- To insure that the citizens affected by disaster are cared for, receive the financial assistance and emotional support to insure a full recovery.
- To educate the citizens of Wrentham in the ability to avert or combat the effects of a disaster either natural or manmade.
Wrentham Emergency Shelters
Wrentham also belongs to the Greater Attleboro Regional Emergency Planning Committee and as such there may be a regional shelter opened in an adjoining town during a large scale incident. More information on these plans will be posted as developed.
- WARL Radio Station AM 1320 Broadcasts notifications during emergencies
- American Red Cross Mobile applications including First Aid skills, Shelter Locators and Hurricane preparedness http://www.redcross.org/prepare/mobile-apps
- National Grid power outages https://www1.nationalgridus.com/OutageCentralHub
Links of Interest:
- Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency http://www.mass.gov/eopss/agencies/mema/
- National Weather Service http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/box/
- FEMA Ready.gov http://www.ready.gov/
- American Red Cross http://www.redcross.org/
Site last updated on September 5, 2013 by Scott Langlands