IMPORTANT!!! IF A FIRE STARTS TO BURN OUT OF YOUR CONTROL, PLEASE CALL 911.
Please review these regulations:
Burning (with a permit), between January 15th and May 1st, of the following materials is ALLOWED:
- Brush, cane, driftwood and forestry debris from other than commercial or industrial land clearing operations under the following conditions:
- Burning must be at least 75 feet from all dwellings.
- Burning must be carried out between 10AM and 4PM.
- No fires shall be started after 12 Noon.
- All fires must be extingiushed by 4PM.
- Burning must take place on land closest to the source being burned.
- Materials normally associated with the pursuit of agriculture, such as fruit tree trimmings, dead raspberry stalks, blueberry patches for pruning purposes, infected beehives for disease control.
- Tree and brush resulting from agricultural land clearing.
- Fungus-infected elmwood if no other acceptable means of disposal is available. (Disease free brush is not an acceptable starting aid.)
A FUNCTIONAL GARDEN HOSE OR WATER EXTINGUISHER IS REQUIRED AROUND ALL OPEN FIRES.
Burning of the following materials is PROHIBITED statewide:
- Brush, trees, cane and driftwood from commercial and/or institutional land clearing operations.
- Grass, hay, leaves, stumps or tires.
- Burning at landfills for refuse disposal facilities other than approved sights.
- Stacking, placing or storing combustible material such that the department may presume that it will be burned.
IMPORTANT!!! IF A FIRE STARTS TO BURN OUT OF YOUR CONTRO, PLEASE CALL 911.